Frequently Asked Questions For This Great Dayton Photographer
Use These Questions To Help Find Your Dream Dayton And Cincinnati Wedding Photographer
Why do you list your wedding photography prices?
- I believe that showing all prices and details up front is the honest thing to do. There is no hard selling and no hidden pricing. I respect you and your time. Many photographers in Dayton Ohio and Cincinnati Ohio hide their prices in an attempt to hard sell each bride and groom.
Why are your prices so low when your quality is so high?
- I keep my wedding photography prices relatively low because I have low overhead costs and do not rely on weddings for my main source of income. I love being a Cincinnati wedding photographer and Dayton wedding photographer, and I don't charge an outrageous amount to my brides and grooms. Dayton photography and Cincinnati photography should be affordable.
Do you backup your images?
Yes! Images are backed up on site, and several off-site backups are made after the event.
Do you offer two photographers?
- No! Every bride and groom gets Kevin Lush's talent and expertise. There is usually no need for a second photographer, and Kevin Lush Photography has a reputation for capturing every wedding day moment! I am consistently one of the best Dayton wedding photographers.
Are digital images included in your packages?
- Yes! Every package since the day I started my business in 2007 has included, free of charge, every image for every bride and groom! Every Dayton wedding photography client and my Cincinnati wedding photography client has received every edited image, every time. Your Photos. Your Freedom.
Can guests take photos at my wedding?
- Yes! As I am the photographer of record for your event, I will ensure that I get all of my images first. If time permits, others may take photos around me. I will never tell people they are not permitted to take photos. It is YOUR wedding, not mine.
Do I get my images back quickly?
Yes! I have always and will always deliver your images within 3 weeks of your wedding day. For engagement sessions, I guarantee the images will be delivered within 48 hours. It is so important that it is written into the contract.
Can I see a full wedding gallery from a past client?
- Yes! Should you wish to see an entire wedding gallery from the getting ready stage through the end of the reception, please email me. I'd be happy to send, for your review, a previous Dayton wedding photography complete gallery.
Do you charge sales tax for the state of Ohio?
- Yes. It is required by law in the state of Ohio. "The production of still photographs or prints, motion pictures, the developing of negatives, or the mounting of transparencies in frames to create slides, for a consideration, are sales. Unless the sale is otherwise exempted by law, the entire charge is subject to the sales tax without any deduction on account of the cost of property sold, cost of materials used, labor or service cost, or any other expense." - State of Ohio Department of Taxation
Do you use professional camera equipment?
- Yes! I use professional Nikon cameras, flashes and lenses. I also love my Tamron equipment for getting great up close shots without interrupting the subject. I also use professional studio lights, memory cards and more.
Do you photograph more than one wedding per day?
- No! On wedding days, I do not take any other sessions. Your wedding day is solely devoted to you! Many Dayton wedding photographers may book multiple sessions in a day, but I believe I stay fresh and energetic for your event by only booking your event on that day.
Should I do a first look instead of waiting to see my bride/groom?
- Yes! It is your decision as to when you see each other. From my vast wedding photography experience, couples who do a special first look are more relaxed and get to spend more time together on their wedding day.
Do you keep backups of my Cincinnati wedding or Dayton wedding?
- Yes! I keep your images for a minimum of one year. Please remember it is your responsibility to make backups of your own wedding images once they are delivered to you. I can give you tips for this if you ask!
Will you still photograph my wedding if it is raining?
- Yes! Regardless of the weather, I'll be at your event early and will work for the stated number of contracted hours. Please have a rain location backup just in case it rains on your wedding day.
Will you be able to keep us on schedule?
- Maybe! Keeping the wedding day schedule is up to the bride, groom and the people you put in charge. I will do my best to politely usher you to places as needed. I am not in charge of the schedule but am greatly impacted when you are running late. I am the only vendor whose time gets drastically shortened when a bride and groom are running behind. Please be aware that this may impact the creativity of your photographs.
Will the group photographs be as boring and time-consuming as I think?
- No! I work quickly and am prepared with high quality equipment. I try to infuse humor into these photos and will do my best to shoot quickly. The big slow down comes when we have to wait for subjects to arrive. This happens at 7 out of 10 weddings for me. People that will be photographed need to be instructed to be at the photo location early and to be ready. When this occurs, I can knock out the formal/posed/traditional wedding photos very quickly.
Do you scout wedding venues before the wedding?
- No! I have been to almost all Dayton wedding venues and Cincinnati wedding venues and have photographed more than 150 weddings. I have learned to anticipate every setting and circumstance and enjoy the on-the-job creativity. It keeps me fresh. I do scout locations on Google Maps and Pinterest when I haven't been to a venue. As I always arrive early to your wedding day location, I have extra time to look around for any last minute ideas.
Do you have a fun personality?
- Yes! Although I am very professional, I do enjoy keeping the day light and fun. I often ease the bride's stress by telling funny stories from weddings past or suggesting fun images to try on her big day. You will be very happy that I am professional but fun and not at all boring. I try to keep the day interesting and humorous for you while getting all of the wedding images you and I want.
Are you a natural light photographer?
- No! Natural light photographer is code for photographers who don't use flash or studio lights. These types of photographers rely on the sun to light their images. As you can imagine, it is quite difficult to photograph indoor and nighttime weddings without a flash or studio lights. I use flash as little as possible and mainly use it as a fill light. I will also use studio strobes and speedlights as necessary.