Do you have a particular photography style?
- Yes! I specialize in the lifestyle wedding photography style. TheKnot.com (paraphrased) defines it as "mostly candid, some direction, and tons of style." Candid photos are the most sincere, and I work really hard to capture the most creative candid images that I can. To accomplish this, I combine the hands-off aspects of photojournalism with the hands-on aspects of traditional wedding photography. I may give simple directions to you to create the most aesthetically pleasing images while maintaining the genuine emotion of the moment. Traditional posed family and bridal party portraits are something that nearly all brides and grooms wish to do, and I always try to make these enjoyable and unique. No matter what your wedding day throws at me, I can create high-quality, stunning, and creative wedding photography for you!
Do you have a fun personality?
- Yes! Although I am a professional photographer, I do enjoy keeping the day light and fun. I often ease the bride's stress by telling funny stories from weddings past or suggesting fun images to try on her big day. You will be very happy that I am professional yet fun. I try to keep the day interesting and humorous for you while getting all of the wedding images you and I want.
Will I own the copyright?
- Yes! A clause in the contract states that both you and Kevin Lush Photography own the rights to the images. You are permitted to use them digitally and in print, perpetually.
Do you offer various wedding photography coverage options?
- Yes! I offer three all-inclusive wedding photography packages which are 6 hours, 8 hours, and 12 hours. Check out my Dayton and Cincinnati wedding photography prices here.
Have you ever photographed at my wedding venue?
- Probably! I have photographed more than 150 weddings in Dayton and Cincinnati. I've been to all manor of churches, wedding venues, wedding reception venues, barns, halls, and more. If you would like to know my the pros and cons of your venues, feel free to ask me. Click here to see every Dayton and Cincinnati wedding venue I have photographed.
Have you worked with videographers before?
- Yes! I have worked with videographers from kids with iPhones to multiple professional videographers with lighting and sound equipment. I enjoy spending time with other creatives at weddings, and I often get great ideas from them.
Do you limit the number of weddings in a year?
- Yes! I only book a limited number of weddings per year. By limiting the number of wedding photography shoots each year, I remain fresh and energized and am able to give your wedding my full creative energy.
Do you backup your images?
Yes! Images are backed up on site, and several off-site backups are made after the event.
Do you offer 2 professional photographers?
- No! Every bride and groom gets Kevin Lush's talent and expertise. There is usually no need for a second photographer, and Kevin Lush Photography has a reputation for capturing every wedding day moment! I am consistently one of the best Dayton wedding photographers.
Are digital images included in your packages?
- Yes! Every package since the day I started my business in 2007 has included, free of charge, every image for every bride and groom! Every Dayton wedding photography client and Cincinnati wedding photography client has received every edited image, every time. Your Photos. Your Freedom.
Will I have to wait long after our wedding to see all of the images?
No! I have always and will always deliver your images within 3 weeks of your wedding day. For engagement sessions, images will be delivered within 48 hours.
Can I see a full wedding gallery from a past client?
- Yes! Should you wish to see an entire wedding gallery from the getting ready stage through the end of the reception, please email me. I'd be happy to send you a previous Dayton wedding photography complete gallery.
Do you charge sales tax for the state of Ohio?
- Yes. It is required by law in the state of Ohio. "The production of still photographs or prints, motion pictures, the developing of negatives, or the mounting of transparencies in frames to create slides, for a consideration, are sales. Unless the sale is otherwise exempted by law, the entire charge is subject to the sales tax without any deduction on account of the cost of property sold, cost of materials used, labor or service cost, or any other expense." - State of Ohio Department of Taxation
Do you use professional camera equipment?
- Yes! I use professional Nikon cameras, flashes and lenses. I also love my Tamron equipment for getting great up close shots without interrupting the subject. I also use professional studio lights, memory cards, and more.
Do you photograph more than one wedding per day?
- No! On wedding days, I do not take any other sessions. Your wedding day is solely devoted to you! I believe I stay fresh and energetic for your event by only booking your event on that day.
Should I do a first look instead of waiting to see my bride/groom?
- Yes! It is your decision as to when you see each other. From my vast wedding photography experience, couples who do a special first look are more relaxed and get to spend more time together on their wedding day.
Do you keep backups of my Cincinnati wedding or Dayton wedding?
- Yes! I keep your images for a minimum of one year.
Will the group photographs be as boring and time-consuming as I think?
- No! I work quickly and am prepared with high quality equipment. I try to infuse humor into these photos and will do my best to shoot quickly. The big slow down comes when we have to wait for subjects to arrive. People that will be photographed should be instructed to be at the photo location early and to be ready.
Will the photos be retouched and color balanced?
- Yes! I make sure that all of your wedding images look authentic to your day. As I have photographed more than 150 weddings, most of my images are made correctly in the camera. This ensures professional, creative images that require little post-processing work. For the images that do require post-processing, you won't be able to tell them apart from the others!
Do you scout wedding venues before the wedding?
- No! I have been to almost all Dayton and Cincinnati wedding venues and have photographed more than 150 weddings. I have learned to anticipate every setting and circumstance and enjoy the on-the-job creativity. It keeps me fresh. I do scout locations on Google Maps and Pinterest when I haven't been to a wedding reception venue. As I always arrive early to your wedding day location, I have extra time to look around for any other ideas.
Are you a natural light photographer?
- No! Natural light photographer is code for photographers who don't use flash or studio lights. These types of photographers rely on the sun to light their images. As you can imagine, it is quite difficult to photograph indoor and nighttime weddings without a flash or studio lights. I use flash as little as possible and mainly use it as a fill light. I will also use studio strobes and speed lights as necessary.
Do you offer extra hours?
- Yes! I offer three packages of 6 hours, 8 hours, and 12 hours. Occasionally, you may want to add another hour. The charge for one extra hour of wedding photography is $150+tax.