Cincinnati And Dayton Wedding Photographer Frequently Asked Questions
Why do you list your wedding photography prices?
- I believe that showing all prices and details up front is the honest thing to do. There is no hard selling and no hidden pricing. I respect you and your time.
Why are your prices so low when your quality is so high?
- Although I am a high-end wedding photographer in Dayton and Cincinnati, I maintain affordable wedding photography prices for every bride and groom. I love being a Cincinnati and Dayton wedding photographer, and I don't charge an outrageous amount to my brides and grooms. Dayton photography and Cincinnati photography should be affordable.
Do you backup your images?
Yes! Images are backed up on site, and several off-site backups are made after the event.
Do you offer 2 professional photographers?
- No! Every bride and groom gets Kevin Lush's talent and expertise. There is usually no need for a second photographer, and Kevin Lush Photography has a reputation for capturing every wedding day moment! I am consistently one of the best Dayton wedding photographers.
Are digital images included in your packages?
- Yes! Every package since the day I started my business in 2007 has included, free of charge, every image for every bride and groom! Every Dayton wedding photography client and Cincinnati wedding photography client has received every edited image, every time. Your Photos. Your Freedom.
Do I get my images back quickly?
Yes! I have always and will always deliver your images within 3 weeks of your wedding day. For engagement sessions, images will be delivered within 48 hours.
Can I see a full wedding gallery from a past client?
- Yes! Should you wish to see an entire wedding gallery from the getting ready stage through the end of the reception, please email me. I'd be happy to send you a previous Dayton wedding photography complete gallery.
Do you charge sales tax for the state of Ohio?
- Yes. It is required by law in the state of Ohio. "The production of still photographs or prints, motion pictures, the developing of negatives, or the mounting of transparencies in frames to create slides, for a consideration, are sales. Unless the sale is otherwise exempted by law, the entire charge is subject to the sales tax without any deduction on account of the cost of property sold, cost of materials used, labor or service cost, or any other expense." - State of Ohio Department of Taxation
Do you use professional camera equipment?
- Yes! I use professional Nikon cameras, flashes and lenses. I also love my Tamron equipment for getting great up close shots without interrupting the subject. I also use professional studio lights, memory cards, and more.
Do you photograph more than one wedding per day?
- No! On wedding days, I do not take any other sessions. Your wedding day is solely devoted to you! I believe I stay fresh and energetic for your event by only booking your event on that day.
Should I do a first look instead of waiting to see my bride/groom?
- Yes! It is your decision as to when you see each other. From my vast wedding photography experience, couples who do a special first look are more relaxed and get to spend more time together on their wedding day.
Do you keep backups of my Cincinnati wedding or Dayton wedding?
- Yes! I keep your images for a minimum of one year.
Will you be able to keep us on schedule?
- Maybe! Keeping the wedding day schedule is up to the bride, groom, and the people you put in charge. I will do my best to politely usher you to places as needed. I am not in charge of the schedule but am greatly impacted when things are running late. I am the only vendor whose time gets drastically shortened when a wedding is running behind.
Will the group photographs be as boring and time-consuming as I think?
- No! I work quickly and am prepared with high quality equipment. I try to infuse humor into these photos and will do my best to shoot quickly. The big slow down comes when we have to wait for subjects to arrive. People that will be photographed should be instructed to be at the photo location early and to be ready.
Do you scout wedding venues before the wedding?
- No! I have been to almost all Dayton wedding venues and Cincinnati wedding venues and have photographed more than 150 weddings. I have learned to anticipate every setting and circumstance and enjoy the on-the-job creativity. It keeps me fresh. I do scout locations on Google Maps and Pinterest when I haven't been to a wedding reception venue. As I always arrive early to your wedding day location, I have extra time to look around for any last minute ideas.
Do you have a fun personality?
- Yes! Although I am a professional photographer, I do enjoy keeping the day light and fun. I often ease the bride's stress by telling funny stories from weddings past or suggesting fun images to try on her big day. You will be very happy that I am professional but fun. I try to keep the day interesting and humorous for you while getting all of the wedding images you and I want.
Are you a natural light photographer?
- No! Natural light photographer is code for photographers who don't use flash or studio lights. These types of photographers rely on the sun to light their images. As you can imagine, it is quite difficult to photograph indoor and nighttime weddings without a flash or studio lights. I use flash as little as possible and mainly use it as a fill light. I will also use studio strobes and speed lights as necessary.